News of the
The Academy will be closed from Christmas Eve to New Years Day. The Kokoro Kai would like to wish everyone a very Happy Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!
The Academy will not be completely closed during the holiday break, even though regular classes will be cancelled. We will have several special classes available for students throughout the week. Here’s a list:
– Special Testing Event will be held on Friday, December 27th 4:30pm to 6pm. This is by invitation only.
– Saturday, December 28th will be Open Mat for Brazilian Jiu-JItsu Free Rolling. This class is for the BJJ students and will run from 12 noon to whenever we want to stop.
– Sunday, December 29th from 4-5pm will be a special class for Kobudo Review. We will also work some focus mitt drills and kickboxing drills….and might go past 5pm for anyone who wishes to stay.
– Monday, December 30th will be a Weapons Class Review for anyone working Kobudo that wishes to attend.
– To Mr. Anoop Bhat (Brown Belt) on being accepted into the Junior National Honor Society! This is a huge accomplishment and shows what a karate student can accomplish when you put your mind to it. Great Job!
Kids Night Out
Our next Kids Night Out Event will take place on Saturday, December 14th. This will take on a holiday theme. Cost is $20 per child. Wear your gi, but bring a change of clothing. We will hold a class first and games and activities afterwards. Bring a buddy (they don’t have to wear a gi). Also, the instructor will be hosting a pollyanna and is asking each child to bring a VERY small, inexpensive gift that you can get for $5 or less.
Our Martial Arts Training Camp is scheduled for June 13,14,15 at Camp Nockamixon, 2014. Brochures will be out in the new year and there will be an early enrollment period with a discount again this year. So, please plan ahead. Cost should be about the same as last year.
The format for the Gasshuku might look a little different this year. As our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program grows with more and more students who are not involved in the Karate Program, we are finding a dual training venue may work best. Students who train in both programs might be able to pick and choose from a menu of classes they wish to participate in. Students who train in one program or the other may be able to try the other program to see what it is all about. We are in the planning phase. But, either way, our Gasshuku shall definitely be an exciting and rewarding experience, as always!
DISCOVERY TIME @ Simmons
Once again, we will be conducting the Discovery Time Self Defense Program at Simmons Elementary School in February. The course will run each Thursday from 3:30pm to about 5pm for the month.