Congratulations: To Ms. Gabrielle Leavitt, on being accepted into our Assistant Instructor Program.
Congratulations: To Ms. Amanda Maguire on her engagement to Chris Spalding!
Congratulations: To Mr. & Mrs. Brad and Kari Umfer on their wedding. They made it official on 8/31 and are getting married in Mexico over Labor Day Weekend!
* Halloween Kids Night Out – to be announced soon. See your instructor
* SHIAI: Friday, October 23rd. See the Kai Calendar for times. E-mail coming out shortly to all students.
* Halloween Haunted House Visit – details coming soon.
DOJO CLOSED: We will be closed on Labor Day (Monday) and also the entire weekend of Thanksgiving.
Congratulations to all those who participated in the IWKA tournament in Princeton, NJ the weekend of August 7th. Everyone had a great time and did very well in all three events!
Congratulations to Mr. Joe Cassin who was promoted to Sho-Dan (1st degree black belt) on August 9th. Mr. Cassin went through a vigorous testing that day, by himself, and passed with flying colors. Good luck at college and we look forward to seeing you back in the Dojo with your new black obi during your breaks!
Good luck to all our students who are heading off to college this month….and to those who are returning to college after the summer break.
KAI Adventure Club Donation: Over the weekend at the Gasshuku, we made our Kai Adventure Club donation to the Free To Breathe fundraiser. I personally handed Ms. B. Maguire the cash for over $500. which she will deposit into their team’s account when they do their walk-athon. She will send a pic when this is complete. You can see the pic I took this weekend on our Kai Facebook Page…….Like us on Kokoro Kai Martial Arts Facebook.
* Congratulations to the 8 new Sho-Dans who were tested most of the weekend and promoted on Saturday evening:
– Caleb Sharp
– Metani Exaros
– Sam Byun
– Benjamin DiCristo
– Ryan Winkworth
– Jake Coll
– Iryna Ostapenko
– Krish Parikh
* Congratulations to Mr. Yovel Lender on his acceptance into the Staff Program as an Assistant Instructor. He will be assisting Mr. Strachan on Saturday mornings at 10am.